Network Engineer - St Mary MacKillop College - Canberra ACT
Job no: 498447
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: St Mary MacKillop College (Tuggeranong)
Categories: Information Technology
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Full-Time, Fixed-Term (First Contract Term - 3 Years)
Salary Range: $102,277 to $120,931 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: January 2022 - 3 Year Contract
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 25 February 2022
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, the support of family life, and the enrichment of all our people. The curriculum at St Mary MacKillop College is undertaken in an environment where each person is valued and respected as an individual whose personal growth is of paramount importance.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Mary MacKillop College.
Support the College Vision
- Support the College Vision, promoting an atmosphere where Catholic principles and practices flourish in a welcoming, diverse community.
- Promote, support and work to the St Mary of the Cross Mackillop and Josephite Christian ethos.
- Value for the sacredness of each person and attentive to the aspirations and needs of individuals.
- An understanding of the principles of child protection and confidentiality.
- The ability to prioritise tasks, manage time, plan and organise one's own work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision.
- Highly professional manner and strong interpersonal skills with a courteous, calm and welcoming demeanour.
- The ability to positively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders and build productive working relationships.
Technical Skills and experience
- 4+ years work experience in network administration, and infrastructure support.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL business practice.
- Experience administering one or more of the following; including Zen Configuration Management, VMWare, Nutanix, Office 365, Google Apps, AWS and/or Azure.
- SQL operational knowledge, understanding of Database Administration, and ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design; configure systems to be consistent with policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Service Management IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Mackillop Recruitment on 02 6209 5215 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend