Student Wellbeing Officer - St Patrick's - Bega NSW
Job no: 498479
Work type: Temporary
Location: St Patrick's Primary (Bega)
Categories: Student Welfare Officer
Location: Bega, NSW
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Salary Range: $34 per hour + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 12 Month Contract
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Monday 31 January 2022
St Patrick’s is a Catholic Primary School located in the Bega Valley, NSW. The school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and has a current enrolment of 200 students. St Patrick’s is situated in the heart of a rural community. St Patrick’s continues to provide quality Catholic education for all in the Bega Valley, this tradition of quality education began nearly 150 years ago. St Patrick’s centres teaching and learning on our vision, values and principles.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Student Wellbeing Officer to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Patrick's Primary, Bega.
This position is temporary in nature as it is dependent on a specific programme which is not of an ongoing nature.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school
- Excellent management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of social and emotional needs.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to implement student support programs, including the provision of referral services as required,
- A willingness to respond creatively to the needs of both schools in the area of the social and emotional wellbeing of their students.
- A willingness to contribute towards the wider school community, in order to build and strengthen school’s relationship with parents, parish and community.
- An awareness of initiatives and developments in research pertaining to social and emotional learning, and trauma related behaviours in children.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
This position involves work in a NSW school. The appointment of successful applicants is subject to compliance with Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021. By 8 November 2021, individuals who are appointed to a position in a NSW school are required to have either received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have obtained a medical contraindication certificate in a form approved by NSW Health. Individuals are required to present evidence of either their vaccination status or a medical contraindication certificate to their school to be able to work in a NSW school.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jo Scott-Pegum on 02 6492 5500 or via email Jo.Scottpegum@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend