Complex Case Manager - Clinical
Job no: 498487
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Categories: Child Protection, Psychology, School & Family Services
Complex Case Manager - Clinical
Location: Catholic Education, Central Office, Manuka ACT
Employment Type: Fixed-Term, Full-Time
Salary Range: $102,277 to $129,808 + Superannuation
Start Date: Negotiable
Closing Date: 11.55pm, 30 January 2022
Who Are We?
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
The purpose of the Complex Case Manager is to support the school community with an intensive and short-term clinical case coordination, and or management service. As an experienced senior mental health professional, the incumbent will be able to support the Principal, School leadership and school counselling personnel with a specialised level of outreach case management, clinical engagement with parents and carers and effective referral to appropriate external agencies and services.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package with access to salary packaging
- Work within a positive and passionate team in a collaborative environment
- Make a positive contribution to the outcomes of adolescents
- Provide a professional and developmentally appropriate short term clinical case management and/or coordination to support CECG schools and student flourishing.
- Initiate and coordinate internal and external case assessments, planning and review processes as required.
- Participate and actively contribute or lead all relevant case meetings.
- Provide ad hoc supervision and coaching support to school pastoral leadership and school counsellors, on matters relating to complex cases, mental health concerns, conflict resolution and critical incidents.
- Ensure that appropriate protocols and client information systems are maintained, and data is provided as required.
- Maintain membership and related accreditation of an appropriate professional association.
- Provide guidance and support for the ongoing development of case management practices.
- Establish collaborative relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Sound understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of Catholic Education, the Catholic vision for human flourishing within the practice of pastoral care of the Catholic school
- Well-developed knowledge of child development and the issues that vulnerable children, young people and families face
- Familiarity with the student wellbeing focus of Catholic Schools, and well-developed understanding of the contemporary mental health and welfare challenges facing students and families, including in key areas relating to child protection, learning support, behaviour management, school refusal, suicidality and child and adolescent mental health
- Well-developed skills in assessing risks, needs and safety for children, young people and families
- High-level case management and coordination skills and experience and counselling skills and experience working with complex and culturally diverse families
- Conflict resolution and group conferencing skills and experience.
- Ability to provide supervision and coaching support to clinical and non-clinical personnel
- High levels of interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with parents/carers, teachers and other persons who provide support to students.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and related accreditation in either Social Work, Psychology or Counselling.
- Ability to obtain a valid and current working with children registration.
Please refer to the position description Position Description - Complex Case Manager (Clinical) 2022.docx for in-depth detail regarding the criteria and skill set required.
Please apply via the link. Applicants will be required to submit a covering letter outlining briefly the selection criteria in the position description and a current resume.
For further information about the role and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn please visit the website and position description. If you have any questions contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend