Job no: 499017
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary Range: Grade 7 ($145,544 - $157,345 + Superannuation)
Position number: #499017
Start Date: August 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 17 August 2022
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Catholic Systemic Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
As the Finance Manager you will be working as part of the Financial Control leadership team, you will have operational responsibility for the management of financial accounting services, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
You will be a role model to others by providing exceptional Finance service delivery to internal clients, senior leadership and the executive, and a key leader in the modernisation of the finance function. You will lead and develop a team of five financial control specialists across the finance accounting and operations.
- Develop the capability of team members ensuring their effectiveness in current and future roles and building a high performing team.
- Be dynamic, leading and working to optimise and continually improve the delivery of Finance as a Service (FaaS) across CECG.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate close of the month end and annual reporting periods including:
- The reconciliation of cash across CE;
- The calculation and posting of accruals, provisions and adjustments.
- Ensuring the integrity of the Fixed Assets Register.
- Completion of the balance sheet review of high-risk accounts.
- Ensuring the production of timely and accurate monthly and annual statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Working with the Financial Planning and Accounting (FP&A) team in the production of insightful management reporting.
- Assisting in the preparation of BAS, FBT and workers compensation returns.
- Ensuring the operating effectiveness of key financial controls and assisting in the completion of the annual external audit.
- Actively identifying and implementing key changes and improvements across the Financial Control team.
- Actively assist in the development of finance policies and implement accounting changes required under General Purpose Financial Reporting Standards.
- Providing training to new starters in the Financial Control team.
- Liaise with external partners (banking and insurance) on financial matters.
- Work with the CEO Payroll Section in relation to the integrity of the payroll financial data.
- Oversee the operation of the CEO salary packaging program, analyse the impact of tax changes on individual packaging arrangements, liaise with salary packaging providers, and oversee the preparation of the CEO Fringe Benefits Tax Return.
- Values aligned to the vision and mission of Catholic Education.
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership.
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively both within and across teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial control frameworks.
- Experience in finance change/transformation programs.
- Strong time management or organisational capabilities.
- High attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Business and current membership of a relevant professional accounting body such as CA or CPA.
- Five years’ experience in a similar role.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package with access to salary packaging
- Positive and collaborative work culture
- Immediate start available
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding position duties, criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. The cover letter should be no more than three pages.
Further information about the role and Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is available on the website.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Amy Tallon, People & Culture Officer, on 0459943831 or via email at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend