Marketing and Communications Officer
Job no: 499061
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Categories: Marketing & Media
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time, Fixed term
Salary Range: Grade 6 ($118,011 to $ 129,808 + Superannuation based on skills and experience)
Position number: #498900
Start Date: August 2022 (negotiable)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 14 August 2022
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Catholic Systemic Schools and eight Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
As Marketing and Communications Officer, you will help communicate the hope, joy, and wonder of a Catholic education in the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn through high level marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies for the Catholic Education Office and the Catholic Education Canberra Goulburn system of schools.
- Support the Senior Manager Public Relations, Communications and Marketing with writing content for digital media, websites, social media, news media, and broadcasting.
- Maintain the integrity of the Catholic Education Canberra Goulburn brand through comprehensive, timely and consistent marketing and communications.
- Support the Senior Manager Public Relations, Communications and Marketing to develop and implement internal communication strategies for staff engagement.
- Provide administrative support including campaign reports.
- Liaise with external suppliers to develop marketing material, advertising, digital content, and commercial printing.
- Work with the Web Publisher and Communication Officer to maintain and update the intranet, external website, and social media platforms.
- Exceptional skills in writing for multiple audiences across modern media platforms.
- Proven achievement in developing marketing and communication strategies in traditional, digital, and social media channels.
- A proven understanding of marketing and strategic communication concepts and the evolving social media and digital environments.
- Demonstrated exceptional organisational and planning skills to deliver complex marketing and communication strategies.
- A proven high degree of computer literacy and digital asset management including automated marketing systems such as Hootsuite, integrating Google with Facebook Ads Manager, and experience with Facebook Business Manager.
- Proven ability to gather marketing analytics and interpret data to inform strategies.
- A creative mind, dedication to creating great content, and curiosity for trying new tactics.
- Some skills in the Adobe Creative Cloud are desirable but not essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or professional writing.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Ability to obtain a valid Working with Vulnerable People card for ACT or a Working with Children Check for NSW.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package with access to salary packaging
- Positive and collaborative work culture
- Immediate start available
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding position duties, criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. The cover letter should be no more than three pages.
Further information about the role and Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is available on the website.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Amy Tallon, People & Culture Officer, on 0459943831 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend