Assistant Finance Officer - John Paul College - Nicholls, ACT
Job no: 499113
Work type: Permanent/Ongoing, Temporary
Location: St John Paul II College (Nicholls)
Location: Nicholls, ACT
Employment Type: Part-time, Temporary (2 x days per week - Thursdays & Fridays)
Salary: $69,761 + Superannuation (paid pro-rata for part-time appointments)
Start Date: 10 October, 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Thursday 18 August 2022
St John Paul II College is a welcoming and inclusive learning community where diversity is embraced and learning outcomes are maximised for each individual. The College is a flagship college of best practice in education for the Catholic community of the region: a unique, innovative educational environment where every student can flourish.
About the Role
To assist the Business Manager in the efficient running of the College and maintain the College receipting, Accounts Payable, School Fees Billing Systems and any other financial tasks as required. The College Assistant Finance Officer reports directly to the College Finance Officer, the Business Manager and the Principal.
- A commitment to Catholic Values and the fostering of authentic relationships within the college community;
- Experience in working in a financial administration environment and/or appropriate qualifications for this role;
- Strong ICT skills in particular MS Excel and Word, Mail Merge and MAZE or equivalent Finance Package;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including good judgement in dealing with people at all levels (parents / carers, staff, students and other external stakeholders);
- Ability to use discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information in relation to students, staff and parents/carers within the school community;
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly under pressure and with well-developed organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
**Level 5.1 positions require candidates to have completed relevant post-secondary training or have significant and substantial technical and procedural knowledge and skill which may be deemed by the Employer as being comparable with a diploma or certificate IV with relevant work experience, a certificate III with relevant and extensive work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Nicola Grieb on 02 6163 4800 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend