Location: Florey, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent/Ongoing
Salary Range: $72,499 to $121,503 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: Negotiable
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Tuesday 30 August 2022
St Francis Xavier College is an exciting place to be - we are wholeheartedly committed to educating children and providing them with an educational experience where they feel valued and they belong. We strive to be people who see the glass as half full, not half empty. St Francis Xavier College is a place where everyone in the community is encouraged to learn, to grow and to work towards a brighter future.
About the Role
This role is for a dedicated and dynamic teacher of business administration. The position will suit a teacher who has the ability and commitment to teach business administration from years 7 to 12. Knowledge and experience in teaching senior years is favourable.
The business administration faculty is a highly skilled, professional, creative and dynamic team who are passionate about preparing students to excel in their future careers and the business administration curriculum. In conjunction with teaching the course, the business administration teacher is responsible for keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developing new resources. Commitment to professional development is essential, as is excellent skills in the use of technology in the classroom.
The successful applicant will have a genuine love of developing students knowledge and delight in the wonderful exploration of ideas in the business administration classroom. As part of a vibrant team the successful applicant will contribute both professionally and collegially to the team. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills will be important, as well as a commitment to enhance learning in all facets of the business administration curriculum.
We are seeking dynamic professionals able to demonstrate:
- Ability to maximise student learning and engagement through the delivery of various teaching strategies, employing effective and high impact pedagogical practices;
- Tertiary educational qualifications in the Business Administration area, with the ability and willingness to teach in more than one Business Administration area;
- Capacity to work collegially with a range of people and to evaluate professional practices for improvement;
- Strong commitment to participating in the School’s pastoral care program and building positive relationships;
- Active and continuous professional learning that is relevant to their area/ Business Administration discipline as well as concerns and debates in the education sphere more generally; and
- A commitment to uphold the Catholic ethos and willingness to support the Catholic tradition of St Francis Xavier College.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jennifer Madgwick on 02 6278 9040 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427