Classroom Teacher - St John Vianney Primary - Waramanga ACT
Job no: 499386
Work type: Temporary
Location: St John Vianney's Primary (Waramanga)
Categories: Teacher Primary
Location: Waramanga, ACT
Employment Type: Part-time, Temporary (0.4 FTE, 2023)
Salary Range: $72,499 - 121,503+ Superannuation (based on skills and experience)(pro rata for part time appointment)
Start Date: 25 January 2023
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 12 October 2022
St John Vianney’s is a welcoming school that centers itself around Gospel Values, nurturing every member of its community. It is an environment that places an emphasis on learning being fun and ‘doing ordinary things, extraordinarily well’, where each child is valued for who they are and what they have to offer.
About the Role
We have an excellent opportunity for a Classroom Teacher at St John Vianney’s, Waramanga. To be successful in this role, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the capacity to develop productive and caring relationships with students, parents and staff where the focus is on the learning and well-being of the student.
This position is temporary in nature as it is dependent on a specific programme which is not of an ongoing nature. Should such funding be withdrawn, this Contract may be terminated earlier than the specified end date in line with the termination provisions contained within this Contract.
We are looking for committed professionals with:
- A commitment to Catholic education and the promotion of the mission of the Catholic Church
- Well-developed self-awareness and the personal capabilities of reflection on your own performance, integrity, resilience and emotional maturity
- The passion and expertise to work individually and collectively with students, to maximise the learning outcomes for each one, including those with additional learning needs
- Demonstrated high-level teaching skills, including working collaboratively with colleagues to create innovative experiences for all learners and a demonstrated capacity to team teach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity to develop productive and caring relationships with students, parents and staff where the focus is on the learning and well-being of the student
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to develop students’ unique capabilities through participation in the broader life of the school
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrated experience in the teaching arena
- An ability to report on student progress
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit an expression of interest and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Peter Rodda on 02 6288 2383 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend