Religious Studies Teacher - St Mary MacKillop College - Canberra ACT
Job no: 499399
Work type: Permanent/Ongoing
Location: St Mary MacKillop College (Tuggeranong)
Categories: Teacher Secondary
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent/Ongoing
Salary: $72,499 - $121,503 (based on skills and experience) + Superannuation
Start Date: 27 January 2023
Closing Date: 11:55pm, Friday 7 October, 2022
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, the support of family life, and the enrichment of all our people. The curriculum at St Mary MacKillop College is undertaken in an environment where each person is valued and respected as an individual whose personal growth is of paramount importance.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Religious Studies Teacher to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Mary MacKillop College. The ability to teach Senior RE is desirable.
The Teacher will demonstrate an ability to:
- Promote stewardship of our Vision for a Catholic School in the Josephite tradition.
- Be an outstanding teacher of experience and initiative who can work effectively with the curriculum team, colleagues, students and families.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of contemporary issues and practices in teaching from Years 7-12.
- Contribute to the development of pedagogy and assessment practices across the curriculum.
- As a classroom leader work effectively with colleagues and their Faculty Coordinator to develop a vision and profile for Religious Education.
- Support the College to build community with staff, students and their families.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold a relevant Working with Children registration and Teaching Accreditation
- Must have commenced or completed relevant degree
To teach Religious Education in a Catholic school (to be an Religious Education Teacher), an employee must:
- Have completed 6 undergraduate subjects or 4 postgraduate subjects
- Must be Catholic
- Must have completed, be willing to complete, or due to complete Accreditation D – Teach Religious Education in a Catholic school
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Mackillop Recruitment on 02 6209 5215 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend