English/Religious Education/HSIE Teacher – Lumen Christi Catholic College – Pambula NSW
Job no: 500684
Work type: Temporary
Location: Lumen Christi College (Pambula)
Categories: Teacher Secondary
Location: Pambula, NSW
Employment Type: Full-Time, Temporary
Salary Range: $66,660 to $117,353 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 27 January 2023 to 25 January 2024
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 11 December 2022
Lumen Christi Catholic College is a proud school that holds the spirit, culture and traditions of the College as vital to the formation of our students as we educate future leaders of society. We encourage our students to “Be the Light of Christ”, to be the best they can be, whether that be academically, on the sporting field, in the arts or simply in the way they support their peers.
About the Role
We are currently seeking to appoint an English Classroom Teachers (with ability to teach Religious Education and HSIE) at Lumen Christi Catholic College.
- Strong commitment to the College’s Catholic ethos and a willingness to foster it in the local community.
- Appropriate educational qualifications and the ability to teach Religious Education would be an advantage.
- Ability to combine specific expertise in particular disciplines or subject areas with a capacity to integrate curriculum, assessment and teaching practices.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to be an effective classroom teacher, employing a wide range of classroom strategies, including the integration of learning technologies and reflecting an understanding of current teaching & learning theories.
- Evidence of an ability to foster within students a sense of belonging, community and connection in their learning.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfil the pastoral care and student management responsibilities of a teacher in the College.
- Evidence of a high level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to further curriculum and policy development.
- Demonstrated commitment to and active engagement in personal and professional development.
To teach Religious Education in a Catholic school (to be an Religious Education Teacher), an employee must:
- Have completed 6 undergraduate subjects or 4 postgraduate subjects
- Must be Catholic
- Must have completed, be willing to complete, or due to complete Accreditation D – Teach Religious Education in a Catholic school
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
This position involves work in a NSW school. The appointment of successful applicants is subject to compliance with Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021. By 8 November 2021, individuals who are appointed to a position in a NSW school are required to have either received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have obtained a medical contraindication certificate in a form approved by NSW Health. Individuals are required to present evidence of either their vaccination status or a medical contraindication certificate to their school to be able to work in a NSW school.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Barb Gough on 02 6496 8888 or via email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend