Job no: 501169
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $86,539 to $89,430 + Superannuation
Position number: #501169
Start Date: April 2023 (immediately)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Monday, 3 April 2023
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Catholic Systemic Schools and eight Early Learning Centres.
The Catholic Education Office is committed to workforce diversity and creating inclusive workplaces. We welcome applications from suitable candidates from all diversity groups to support our system of schools and early learning centres in the delivery of quality education outcomes for the students in our care.
About the Role
The Policy Officer will support Service Areas to develop and draft organisational policies and procedures in line with legislative and operational requirements. Duties will include research, advice, business process analysis, and drafting policy and other guidance material.
You will join a dynamic team and openly collaborate with the broader P&C Service Area in the delivery of service to clients.
Focus areas & responsibilities
- Consistent with Catholic Education’s Statement of Values and Ethics, employees in Catholic Education are responsible for upholding the mission by modelling positive relationships and acting in a manner that creates a safe and productive educational and pastoral environment.
- Analyse relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks to identify policy and process requirements for CECG Service Areas, schools, and early learning centres.
- Work with Service Areas to identify and develop efficient process flows, roles and responsibilities to implement policy and operational requirements.
- Coordinate the work of policy development within Service Areas to ensure timelines are met.
- Draft clear policy and procedure documents, in collaboration with internal subject-matter experts.
- Provide advice to Service Areas and Executives on policy and procedural requirements.
- Consistent with Catholic Education's Statement of Values and Ethics, employees in Catholic Education are responsible for upholding the mission by modelling positive relationships and acting in a manner that creates a safe and productive educational and pastoral environment
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and access to salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative work culture and opportunity to be creative.
- On-site parking, professional development opportunities and study support.
- Tertiary qualifications in law or policy management, or other relevant areas.
- Demonstrated experience developing policy and procedures and supporting guidance documents.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and willing to assist across the People & Culture service area.
- Highly developed and effective communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively for a variety of audiences and to convey complex ideas with clarity and creativity.
- Well-developed collaboration capabilities, including consistent positive contribution to a small team and active engagement with internal stakeholders.
- Well-developed organisational skills with strong customer focus and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing governance frameworks including legislation and government policy.
- Professional experience and working knowledge with computer software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of or prior experience in the education sector is highly desirable.
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding position duties, criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. The cover letter should be no more than three pages.
Further information about the role and Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is available on the website.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Amy Tallon, People & Culture Officer, on 0459943831 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend