Secondary Language/HSIE Classroom Teacher - Sacred Heart - Cootamundra NSW
Job no: 502799
Work type: Permanent/Ongoing
Location: Sacred Heart Central (Cootamundra)
Categories: Teacher Secondary
Location: Cootamundra, NSW
Employment Type: Permanent
Employment Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $76,754 to $129,948 (based on skills and experience) + Superannuation
Start Date: 2024 or Negotiable
Closing Date: 11.55 pm, Sunday 24 February 2024
Sacred Heart Central School is known for its strong community spirit and commitment to families. Parents are always welcome at the school and are actively involved in their child’s school life. Our school motto 'Faith and Knowledge' challenges us to be a community that serves others, provides academic excellence, and nurtures relationships.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Secondary Classroom Teacher to join our comprehensive and vibrant community. The successful applicant will teach Secondary HSIE, English and possibilities of other KLAS (KLAs to be negotiated).
- An understanding and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents.
- Strong literacy and numeracy knowledge and the ability to implement open ended learning tasks which promote differentiation.
- Classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, inquiry-based learning in the chosen subject area, together with successful planning and implementation of teaching programs including the use of iPads.
- A comprehensive understanding of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding the criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes, and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website.
Information about the Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position-specific queries: Please contact Nicky Trinder on 02 6942 2612 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend