Assistant Principal - Good Shepherd Primary - Amaroo ACT
Job no: 501843
Work type: Permanent/Ongoing
Location: Good Shepherd Primary (Amaroo)
Categories: Leadership, Teacher Primary, Assistant Principal
Location: Amaroo, ACT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Salary Range: $153,078 + Superannuation
Employment Term: Commence January 2024
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 22 October 2023
Good Shepherd Primary School is a Kindergarten to Year 6 Catholic co-educational school, which currently caters for 746 students.
About the Role
The Assistant Principal contributes to the collaborative decision-making processes and assists the Principal in the planning, implementation and evaluation of school goals and in the transformation of the school culture into a results-oriented professional learning community. The Assistant Principal shares in Good Shepherd’s vision and goals to ensure our school is a place where children’s lives are transformed through learning and our staff and teachers aim to create a sense of belonging for each child.
- A proven commitment to Catholic education and demonstrated leadership ability in the development of Catholic identity, life and culture in schools;
- Highly developed self-management skills and capabilities of self reflection, integrity, resilience and emotional maturity;
- Proven leadership skills in working collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues to develop and implement improvement strategies;
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team situation, develop and sustain positive relationships and networks within the school and broader communities;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of inclusive practices and behaviour guidance strategies; and
- Capacity to strengthen and integrate equity and diversity, work health and performance management principles in the ongoing management and development of staff.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact David Austin on 02 6255 7888 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend