Senior Technical Support Officer
Job no: 501168
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Categories: Information Technology
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time, fixed term
Salary Range: Grade 5 - $105,346 to $113,452 + Superannuation
Position number: #501168
Start Date: April 2023 (negotiable)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 2 April 2023
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Catholic Systemic Schools and eight Early Learning Centres.
The Catholic Education Office is committed to workforce diversity and creating inclusive workplaces. We welcome applications from suitable candidates from all diversity groups to support our system of schools and early learning centres in the delivery of quality education outcomes for the students in our care.
About the role
As a customer centric Technical Support Officer (TSO), you will provide high level and valued technical support to a broad range of internal customers and other TSOs. Often working alone, your role will include supporting the development, installation and configuration of ICT systems as well as providing troubleshooting, maintenance, support and optimisation services/support. Officers engaged at a Grade 5 Level will be required to undertake the position duties with a more senior level of responsibility and be a first escalation for junior officers.
Focus areas & responsibilities
As an ICT professional, you understand the requirement to provide high quality and customer centric support across our diverse School network and this is the is the core of what we do. To do so will involve:
- Liaison with Principals and staff within your school base on a regular basis. Escalate matters to the Regional Technical Lead – Western Region as required.
- Capture, review, respond and resolve requests using the service desk toolset within the prescribed service level agreement. Correctly categorise requests and create problem records if required. Follow-up customers or escalate as required.
- Provide ICT subject matter expertise and support to schools within your region in line with CE ICT strategic objectives
- Individually or in collaboration with other personnel and teams manage school-based network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and UPSs ensuring optimum uptime availability including providing services within agreed performance metrics
- Actively promote standardisation and equality in relation to ICT infrastructure, applications and support
- Be responsible for the management of ICT assets within the area and ensure compliance with asset management processes. Ensure all ICT assets are tracked within the IT service management toolset.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports within established timeframes, as required.
- Work with Infrastructure and systems engineers to implement network improvements, upgrades, and repairs via appropriate changelog processes.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and access to salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative work culture and opportunity to be creative.
- On-site parking, professional development opportunities and study support.
- Desirable Qualifications: Bachelors or similar certification in ICT.
- Minimum 6 years hands-on experience in at least Level 2 technical support.
- Current, valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle is required. An allowance for work distance travelled is payable.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate and work with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Maintain high attention to detail.
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding position duties, criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. The cover letter should be no more than three pages.
Further information about the role and Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is available on the website.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Amy Tallon, People & Culture Officer, on 0459943831 or via email at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend