Classroom Teacher - St Anthony's Parish - Wanniassa ACT
Job no: 501171
Work type: Temporary
Location: St Anthony's Primary (Wanniassa)
Categories: Teacher Primary
Location: Wanniassa, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
Salary Range: $72,499 to $121,503 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Employment Term: 24 April - 14 July 2023
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Tursday 30 March 2023
St Anthony's Parish Primary School is student-centred and prides itself on the way it caters for students of all ability levels and of all interest areas. Quality teaching occurs in all classrooms and is evident in initiatives seen in the school. A gifted and talented program is facilitated within the school, as well as opportunities for students to participate in a variety of programs to enhance their learning.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Classroom Teacher at St Anthony's Parish Primary. The successful applicants in this role will have excellent communication and classroom management skills.
This position is temporary in nature as it replaces an employee who is on leave or secondment. There is possibility the contract will be extended.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- A sound knowledge of the Australian Curriculum with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning.
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrated experience in the teaching arena.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents.
- Excellent planning and implementation of teaching programs that provide for differentiation.
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of learning needs.
- An excellent understanding of a variety of assessment and reporting strategies and the need to provide effective and timely feedback to parents and students.
- The capacity to be a proactive member of a professional learning community complying with the legal, administrative and professional requirements.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Erin Marmont on 02 6231 4022 or via email Erin.Marmont@cg.catholic.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend