Technical Support Officer
Job no: 501167
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: Catholic Education Office
Categories: Information Technology
Technical Support Officer
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time, Fixed term
Salary Range: $89,136 to $97,242 + Superannuation
Position number: #501167
Start Date: April 2023
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 2 April 2023
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (CECG) plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Catholic Systemic Schools and eight Early Learning Centres.
About the role (multiple roles available)
As a customer centric Technical Support Officer, you will provide high level and valued technical support to a broad range of internal customers. Often working alone, this will include supporting the development, installation and configuration of information technology and communication systems as well as providing troubleshooting, maintenance, support, and optimisation services/support.
The Catholic Education Office is committed to workforce diversity and creating inclusive workplaces. We welcome applications from suitable candidates from all diversity groups to support our system of schools and early learning centres in the delivery of quality education outcomes for the students in our care.
Focus areas & responsibilities
- Liaison with Principals and staff within your school base on a regular basis. Escalate matters to the Technical Lead as required.
- Capture, review, respond and resolve requests using the service desk toolset within the prescribed service level agreement. Correctly categorised requests and create problem records if required. Follow-up customers or escalate as required.
- Providing ICT subject matter expertise and advice to Principals within your region in line with CE ICT strategic objectives.
- Ensure all ICT assets are tracked within the IT service management toolset.
- Utilise active directory, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software within agreed monitoring and support structures.
- Manage school-based network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and UPSs ensuring optimum uptime availability including providing services within agreed performance metrics.
- With established IT governance frameworks and protocols maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights aligning with the processes of the Catholic Education’s Identity Management System.
- In line with agreed frameworks and procedures administer delegated equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports within established timeframes
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and access to salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative work culture and opportunity to be creative.
- On-site parking, professional development opportunities and study support.
- Desirable Qualifications: Diploma or similar certification in ICT.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in at least Level 2 technical support.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to translate and communicate technical information into a simple and straightforward manner.
- You will be able to use collaboration tools such as MS Teams to a high degree of competence and be able to resolve end user problems remotely as well as onsite and in-person.
- Ability to think critically and contribute to resolve technical issues.
- Experience with root cause analysis, application administration, server administration, back up management, storage management and disaster recovery.
- Proven experience working across and with a range of hardware and software systems including peripherals within a complex and multifaceted environment assisting users who have a diverse set of ICT capability.
- Hands on experience with but not limited to; SCCM, MS M365 including MS Exchange, MS Teams, hypervisor is including VMWare ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V, Active Directory, Azure AD, Windows Server 2016 and newer.
Please refer to the position description for an in-depth detail regarding position duties, criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a current resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. The cover letter should be no more than three pages.
Further information about the role and Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn is available on the website.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Amy Tallon, People & Culture Officer, on 0459943831 or via email at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend