Leader of Learning and Wellbeing (Mission and Ministry) - St John Paul II College , Nicholls ACT
Job no: 501364
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: St John Paul II College (Nicholls)
Categories: Religious Education (RE) Coordinator, Curriculum, Coordinator, Leadership, Teacher Secondary
Location: Nicholls, ACT
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary Range: $132,293 + Superannuation
Start Date: July 2023 or January 2024 (by negotiation)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 4 June 2023
St John Paul II College is a welcoming and inclusive learning community where diversity is embraced and learning outcomes are maximised for each individual. The College is a flagship college of best practice in education for the Catholic community of the region: a unique, innovative educational environment where every student can flourish.
About the Role
St John Paul II College currently has an opportunity for a creative and innovative individual, with a commitment to practicing their Catholic Faith, to join our community as a Leader of Learning and Wellbeing. At this point in time, there is a need for a Leader of Learning and Wellbeing leading Mission and Ministry in the College Whilst this is the focus of the position at this time, Leaders of Learning and Wellbeing at JPC have flexibility to move between specific areas of responsibility.
Please note that this position is for an initial two-year period with an opportunity for further extensions. Two further extensions (each of four years) will be offered based on performance outcomes. The position will be underpinned by a permanent (ongoing) teaching position within Catholic Education.
- A proven commitment to Catholic education and the promotion of the mission of the Catholic Church
- Highly developed self-management skills and the personal capabilities of self-reflection, integrity, resilience and emotional maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute innovatively to the strategic directions of the College
- The passion and expertise, along with high level planning, administrative and management skills, to work individually and collectively with students and teachers to create programs and learning experiences to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
- Proven leadership skills in working collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues to build their capacity and manage their performance. Coaching expertise highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to facilitate productive, just and caring relationships on all levels, to resolve conflict and to deal with complex interpersonal issues
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and to the targeted application of this to improve educational outcomes
- Appropriate qualifications and experience.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Nicola Grieb on 02 6163 4900 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend