Leader of Languages - St John Paul College - Nicholls ACT
Job no: 501366
Work type: Fixed-Term
Location: St John Paul II College (Nicholls)
Categories: Curriculum, Coordinator, Leadership, Teacher Secondary
Location: Nicholls, ACT
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary Range: $125,194 + Superannuation
Start Date: July 2023 or January 2024 (by negotiation)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 4 June 2023
St John Paul II College is a welcoming and inclusive learning community where diversity is embraced and learning outcomes are maximised for each individual. The College is a flagship college of best practice in education for the Catholic community of the region: a unique, innovative educational environment where every student can flourish.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a creative and innovative individual, with a commitment to our Catholic ethos, to join our community as a Leader of Languages. This is a 0.5 Coordinator position.
Please note that this position is for an initial two-year period with an opportunity for further extensions. Two further extensions (each of four years) will be offered based on performance outcomes. The position will be underpinned by a permanent (ongoing) teaching position within Catholic Education.
- A commitment to Catholic education and the promotion of the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Demonstrated high-level teaching skills, preferably in at least one of the languages taught at the College, including willingness and capacity to team teach, working collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the capacity to develop productive and caring relationships with students, parents and staff.
- The passion and expertise to work individually and collectively to maximise learning outcomes for all students, including those with additional learning needs.
- Well-developed self-management skills and the personal capabilities of self-reflection, integrity, resilience and emotional maturity.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Nicola Grieb on 02 6163 4900 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend