Inclusive Education Coordinator - St Mary MacKillop College - Canberra ACT
Job no: 501375
Work type: Temporary
Location: St Mary MacKillop College (Tuggeranong)
Categories: Curriculum, Coordinator, Leadership, Teacher Secondary
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Temporary
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: $125,194 + Superannuation
Start Date: 17 July 2023
Closing Date: 11:55pm, Friday 2 June 2023
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, the support of family life, and the enrichment of all our people. The curriculum at St Mary MacKillop College is undertaken in an environment where each person is valued and respected as an individual whose personal growth is of paramount importance.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Inclusive Education Coordinator (0.5 Coordinator Level) to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Mary MacKillop College.
The Curriculum Coordinator offers leadership, which is about modelling excellence in teaching and learning and the development of innovative and challenging curriculum. Such Curriculum will offer academic rigour while at the same time be appropriate to the students within a particular curriculum area. The position of the Curriculum Coordinator necessitates that the incumbent be exemplary in leading, supporting and promoting an atmosphere where Catholic principles and practices flourish.
This appointment is temporary in nature as it replaces a teacher who has resigned during the school year and the position will not be filled until the following school year.
The Inclusive Education Coordinator will:
- Promote stewardship of our Vision for a Catholic School in the Josephite tradition.
- Be an outstanding teacher of experience and initiative who can work effectively with the Classroom Support Assistants, the curriculum team, colleagues, students, and families.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of inclusive education, contemporary issues and practices surrounding inclusion for all students from Years 7-12.
- As a member of the Curriculum Leadership Team, contribute to the development of pedagogy and assessment practices across the curriculum.
- As a leader of experience and initiative, work effectively with the Principal, Executive and middle management teams to develop a vision for Inclusive Education.
- Possess highly developed organisational skills and work systemically to achieve high accountability outcomes in a timely manner.
- Support the Principal and Executive to build community with staff, students and their families.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents and community agencies.
- Support the Principal and Executive in all other initiatives as required. Additionally, support the Assistant Principal Academic Care and Campus Heads in leading Inclusive Education.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Mackillop Recruitment on 02 6209 5215 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend