Classroom Teacher - St Patrick's Parish - Cooma NSW
Job no: 501379
Work type: Temporary
Location: St Patrick's Central (Cooma)
Categories: Teacher Primary
Location: Cooma, NSW
Employment Type: Temporary
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary Range: $66,660 to $117,353 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Employment Term: 25 August 2023 - 27 September 2024
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Friday 23 June 2023
At St Patrick’s, you will find a school community comprising dedicated staff, interested and involved parents and students who are proud of their achievements and their school. We provide well-resourced classrooms and playing areas and, most importantly, a shared vision to provide an environment where every child is valued and can experience success.
St Patrick's is a school known for their welcoming and caring workplace, located in the beautiful serene town of Cooma in NSW. This position would present the successful applicant with a great opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, only being one hour away from Perisher Valley.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Classroom Teachers to join our vibrant team at St Patrick's Parish, Cooma. All staff at St Patrick’s Parish School have an indispensable role to play in ensuring that Catholic education is Gospel based, student centred, inclusive and holistic.
This appointment is temporary in nature because the substantive occupant (the incumbent) is taking parental leave. The incumbent is entitled to return earlier to their substantive position in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Has a demonstrated ability to work with staff, students and parents to develop safe, purposeful and inclusive learning environment that takes account the individual needs of students and helps students to develop their special abilities and talents
- Is experienced in well-being in a restorative manner
- Has highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Can work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Maintains confidentiality and manages challenging situations with composure and diplomacy, demonstrating professional resilience and flexibility
- Is a highly competent in the classroom with practices that reflect current pedagogy and employ a broad range of teaching strategies and learning technologies
- Uses interactive technologies, web and electronic media, in the classroom and for administrative and other matters
- Demonstrates a commitment to a high performance academic environment coupled with a commitment to student welfare
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Frances Robertson on 02 6452 1721 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact Recruitment Team on 6218 0007 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend