Finance Officer - St Francis Xavier College - Florey ACT
Job no: 501380
Work type: Temporary
Location: St Francis Xavier College (Florey)
Location: Florey, ACT
Employment Type: Temporary
Employment Status: Part-time - 50 hours per fortnight
Salary: $71,711 plus superannuation
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Thursday 20 June 2023
St Francis Xavier College is a comprehensive 7 -12 Catholic secondary school of 1200 students located in the heart of Belconnen and has an outstanding reputation for leading excellence and innovation in learning and teaching.
About the Role
The College is seeking to recruit a Finance Offer to join our team. The Finance Officer, as a member of the Finance Team, is responsible for all aspects of the purchasing and accounts payable functions of the College.
- Skills and experience in a similar finance related role with a sound knowledge of accounts receivable/payable, general accounting and bookkeeping practices. Previous experience in a school environment and qualifications in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance, while not essential will be well regarded.
- A high level of computer literacy with extensive understanding of accounting systems and a solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- A strong customer service ethic with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- The ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure whilst maintaining a highly focussed attention to detail.
- The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a team environment to ensure financial management best practice.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently and show initiative.
- The commitment to support and promote the Catholic values of the College.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experiences as outline in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jennifer Madgwick on 02 6258 9040 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend