Humanities Teacher - St Francis Xavier College - Florey ACT
Job no: 501382
Work type: Permanent/Ongoing
Location: St Francis Xavier College (Florey)
Categories: Teacher Secondary
Location: Florey, ACT
Employment Type: Permanent/Ongoing
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: $72,499 - $121,503 plus superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: 17 July 2023
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Thursday 15 June 2023
St Francis Xavier College is a comprehensive 7 -12 Catholic secondary school of 1200 students located in the heart of Belconnen and has an outstanding reputation for leading excellence and innovation in learning and teaching.
About the Role
The College is seeking to recruit a Teacher of Humanities to join our team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding educator who is passionate about learning and teaching, assessment, capacity building through professional learning, and data analysis to inform excellence in classroom practice. As a member of the College the successful candidate will engender a love of learning and foster innovation and aspiration for the College vision.
Successful applicants for the position will demonstrate:
- A commitment to uphold the Catholic ethos and willingness to support the Catholic tradition of St Francis Xavier College;
- Ability to maximise student learning through the delivery of high quality teaching programs, employing effective and high yielding, pedagogical practices;
- Tertiary educational qualifications in the Humanities area, with the ability and willingness to teach in more than one area;
- Capacity to actively employ technology seamlessly to assist in effective learning;
- Ability to implement cooperative learning strategies to increase engagement through student centred learning; and
- Active and continuous professional learning that is relevant to their area/ discipline as well as concerns and debates in the education sphere more generally.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experiences as outline in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Jennifer Madgwick on 02 6278 9040 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6218 0007 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend